- Backported a change from Django trunk that prevents openening too
many files at once when running the
STATICFILES_IGNORE_PATTERNSsetting to globally ignore files when running the
CachedFilesMixinand management command to only post process the collected files if really needed.
- Added support for URL fragment to the
- Stopped using versiontools again as it caused installation time issues.
- Pulled all changes from upstream Django:
statictemplate tag to refer to files saved with the
STATICFILES_STORAGEstorage backend. It’ll use the storage
urlmethod and therefore supports advanced features such as serving files from a cloud service.
CachedStaticFilesStoragewhich caches the files it saves (when running the
collectstaticmanagement command) by appending the MD5 hash of the file’s content to the filename. For example, the file
css/styles.csswould also be saved as
- Added a
staticfiles.storage.staticfiles_storageinstance of the configured
--clearoption for the management command which clears the target directory (by default
STATIC_ROOT) before collecting
- Stop trying to show directory indexes in the included
- Correctly pass kwargs to the URL patterns when using the static URL patterns helper.
- Use sys.stdout in management command, not self.stdout which was only introduced in a later Django version.
- Refactored AppSettings helper class to be only a proxy for Django’s settings object instead of a singleton on its own.
- Updated list of supported Django versions: 1.2.X, 1.3.X and 1.4.X
- Updated list of supported Python versions: 2.5.X, 2.6.X and 2.7.X
- Fixed an encoding related issue in the tests.
- Updated tox configuration to use 1.3 release tarball.
- Extended docs a bit.
django-staticfiles is a backport of the staticfiles app in
Django contrib. If you’re upgrading from
you’ll need to make a few changes. See changes below.
- Application files should now live in a
staticdirectory in each app (previous versions of
django-staticfilesused the name
media, which was slightly confusing).
- The management commands
resolve_staticare now called
- The settings
- The setting
STATICFILES_RESOLVERSwas removed, and replaced by the new
- The default for
STATICFILES_STORAGEwas renamed from
- If using
runserverfor local development (and the setting
True), you no longer need to add anything to your URLconf for serving static files in development.
- Minor documentation update.
django-staticfiles was added to Django 1.3 as a contrib app.
The django-staticfiles 0.3.X series will only receive security and data los bug fixes after the release of django-staticfiles 1.0. Any Django 1.2.X project using django-staticfiles 0.3.X and lower should be upgraded to use either Django 1.3’s staticfiles app or django-staticfiles >= 1.0 to profit from the new features and stability.
You may want to chose to use django-staticfiles instead of Django’s own staticfiles app since any new feature (additionally to those backported from Django) will be released first in django-staticfiles.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the
build_staticmanagement command to fail if the destination storage doesn’t implement the
- Fixed an issue that caused non-local storage backends to fail saving
the files when running
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Moved repository back to Github: http://github.com/jezdez/django-staticfiles
Added Sphinx config files and split up README.
Documetation now available under django-staticfiles.readthedocs.org
- Added resolver API which abstract the way staticfiles finds files.
- Added staticfiles.urls.staticfiles_urlpatterns to avoid the catch-all URLpattern which can make top-level urls.py slightly more confusing. From Brian Rosner.
- Minor documentation changes
- Updated testrunner to work with Django 1.1.X and 1.2.X.
- Removed custom code to load storage backend.
- Renamed build_media and resolve_media management commands to build_static and resolve_media to avoid confusions between Django’s use of the term “media” (for uploads) and “static” files.
- Rework most of the internal logic, abstracting the core functionality away from the management commands.
- Use file system storage backend by default, ability to override it with custom storage backend
- Removed –interactive option to streamline static file resolving.
- Added extensive tests
- Uses standard logging
- Fixed a typo in settings.py
- Fixed a conflict in build_media (now build_static) between handling non-namespaced app media and other files with the same relative path.
- Added README with a bit of documentation :)
- Initial checkin from Pinax’ source.
- Will create the STATIC_ROOT directory if not existent.